Verify Your Business Account
Brands should apply for a ‘verified badge’ through Instagram.
Apply for Instagram verification when your Brand is in the news and getting media attention:
- During a time when you've sent out press releases.
- Your Brand/name has been in a major publication or promotion.
Instagram performs its own research about your company, so when your name is media visible - that's the time to apply.
How to Apply for a Verified Instagram Badge:
- Go to your profile and tap ‘Menu’ in the upper right corner.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Account’, then tap ‘Request Verification’.
- After you've filled out the form, tap 'Send'.
- Your request will be reviewed.
- You’ll receive a response in your ‘notifications’ tab, not via Email.
Submitting a request doesn’t guarantee verification. While Instagram says right now - only some public figures, celebrities and Brands have verified badges, they will approve for those accounts with a likelihood of being impersonated. If you’re turned down the first time, you can re-apply after 30 days has elapsed.
Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
Unique: Represent the unique presence of the person or business. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don't verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don't consider paid or sponsored media content as sources for review.
For more great tips and resources, follow and subscribe to our social media
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/laurensimonepubs
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/LaurenSimonePubs/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@laurensimonepubs