Verify Your Business Account
Brands should apply for a ‘verified badge’ through Instagram.
Apply for Instagram verification when your Brand is in the news and getting media attention:
- During a time when you've sent out press releases.
- Your Brand/name has been in a major publication or promotion.
Instagram performs its own research about your company, so when your name is media visible - that's the time to apply.
How to Apply for a Verified Instagram Badge:
- Go to your profile and tap ‘Menu’ in the upper right corner.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Account’, then tap ‘Request Verification’.
- After you've filled out the form, tap 'Send'.
- Your request will be reviewed.
- You’ll receive a response in your ‘notifications’ tab, not via Email.
Submitting a request doesn’t guarantee verification. While Instagram says right now - only some public figures, celebrities and Brands have verified badges, they will approve for those accounts with a likelihood of being impersonated. If you’re turned down the first time, you can re-apply after 30 days has elapsed.
Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
Unique: Represent the unique presence of the person or business. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don't verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don't consider paid or sponsored media content as sources for review.