Olivia Lauren and Alyssa Simone of Lauren Simone Publishing House recently visited Italy!
As Olivia Travels, we want to share what to do when in Italy!
Tuscany's capital is full of history, boasting beautiful architecture, great art venues, superb food, and unforgettable atmosphere. Tuscany is also known for its wines, including Chianti, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Morellino di Scansano, Brunello di Montalcino and white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Having a strong linguistic and cultural identity, it is sometimes considered "a nation within a nation".
1. Visit Museums
There are over 70 museums. We visited Uffizi Gallery and Galleria dell Accademia. The Uffizi Gallery is huge and hosts many famous artists, sculptures, and paintings such as the Birth of Venus by Botticelli and Madonna and child.
The Galleria Accademia houses the famous David by Michelangelo.
2. Walk to Santo Spirito, shop at the outdoor markets, and grab lunch
3. Visit the Pinocchio store
4. Visit the Bardini Gardens
5. Walk over the Arno river.
6. Visit the Duomo and the Gates of Paradise noted for its bronze doors
7. Have gelato at My Sugar Getalino Artisanale, an award winning ice-cream shop.